Patient Financial Services
Patient Financial Services at Northeastern Health System is dedicated to providing excellent customer service in a timely and efficient manner. We are here to advise patients on any insurance, billing, or payment questions.
Commonly asked questions can be found below:
What are your office hours and location?
- Office hours are 8:00AM to 4:30PM Monday through Friday, excluding major holidays.
- We are located at 1400 E. Downing, Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74464. The Patient Financial Counselor’s Office is on the ground floor of the main hospital tower, next to the Coffee House.
When will I recieve a bill?
- You will receive a bill if there is a patient responsibility for a non-covered service, co-insurance, or deductible after we have recieved payment from your insurance(s).
- If you discover that your insurance was not billed on your account please contact Patient Financial Services at +1 (918) 453-2262.
- You may receive additional bills from independent providers such as pathologists, radiologists, hospitalists, etc., who may not participate in the same insurance plans as our hospital. If you have questions call the phone number listed on their statement.
- Our radiologist group, Diagnostic Imaging Associates (918) 935-3550
How do I pay my bill?
- Pay bills online
- Mail your payment to: PO Box 1008, Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74465; Attention to Patient Financial Services.
- We offer a 20% discount on all hospital balances if paid within sixty days of the initial statement.
- We offer special pricing for non-insured patients if payment is collected at the time of service.
- Payment Plans:
- NHS partners with the Midland Group, a private company owned by a charitable trust, to provide affordable payment options for patients.
- The Midland Plan offers reasonable monthly payments with minimal fees and does not affect your credit record.
- For more information call +1 (800) 595-7868
Do you offer Financial Assistance?
- Financial Assistance Policy: It is the policy of Northeastern Health System to provide emergent medical services regardless of the patient’s ability to pay. Discounts are based in part upon family/household size and annual income. A sliding fee schedule based on Federal Poverty Guidelines is used to calculate the discount.
- Application Process: Please complete the Financial Assistance application and return to Patient Financial Services to determine if you or members of your family are eligible for a discount. Applications can be found here: Click here to apply
- Services Covered: The discount will apply to all emergent services received at this hospital but will not include independent providers such as pathologists, radiologists, hospitalists, etc.
What if I have questions about my Hospital or Tahlequah Medical Group bill?
- Call +1 (918) 453-2262
- E-mail us at Patient Financial Services.
- Visit us in person.
What insurances will you accept?
- NHS Contracted Insurance List
- If you do not see your insurance company listed above, contact their customer line or Patient Financial Services.
How do I apply for government funded Insurance?
- Affordable Care Act
- You may want to check with providers in your area to see if they will be accepting these plans. NHS is currently contracted with the following marketplace plans: Coventry Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield Choice PPO.
- Find local help to apply for the Affordable Care Act marketplace plans
- SoonerCare Online Enrollment
- Medicaid Eligibility/Contact Information
- Medicare Application
Search Our Site
Calendar of Events