Health Information Management
Health Information Management ensures your medical records are complete, available and secure. Northeastern Health System takes HIPAA and your privacy very seriously. For this reason, there are protocols for obtaining and releasing Protected Health Information. Here are some commonly asked questions:
What are your office hours and location?
- We are located in the basement of Medical Office Building at 1373 Boone Street, Tahlequah, Oklahoma 74464.
- Our office is open Monday through Friday 8:00AM to 4:30PM, excluding major holidays.
How can I obtain Medical Records
- In order to authorize the release of your medical information, you must complete an Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information form and present it in person with a valid photo ID.
- You may request a copy of your X-Ray film or CD from the Radiology department immediately following your procedure or from Health Information Management at a later date. Please note, if not requested immediately, 24 hours advanced notice is required when requesting film and CD’s.
How do I obtain authorization for Release of Protected Health Information?
- Download and print the form by clicking HERE or visit us.
How do I return a release form to your office?
- Please return the release form along with your photo ID to Health Information Management.
Can anyone obtain my records?
- Not without your authorization. To allow someone else to pick up your records, you must first complete an Authorization for Release of Protected Health Information form. The form must be returned in person to Health Information Management along with your valid photo ID. The authorized individual will also be required to show photo ID when picking up records.
Are there any fees associated with obtaining copies of my medical records?
- Cost for personal use of medical records:
- $0.50 for each printed page
- $5.00 for each disk containing x-rays, photographs, or images.
- $0.25 per document for electronic records.
- There is no cost for transmitting medical records to another provider’s office.
How can I obtain a copy of my baby's Birth Certificate?
- Please call the Oklahoma Bureau of Vital Statistics in Oklahoma City at +1 (405) 271-4040 and ask for the Birth Records Department.
How can I access the Patient Portal?
- If you have already signed up for our Patient Portal, you can access it HERE.
- If you would like to sign up or have questions about using the Portal, please contact us.
- Please click HERE for a copy of our Notice of Privacy Practices. We also have copies available throughout the hospital.
How can I contact you?
- Please contact Health Information Management with any questions at +1 (918) 453-2160 or e-mail us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Search Our Site
Calendar of Events